Orchard Ridge Farm U-Pick Fruit Policies
Thank you for considering a visit to our family farm! We work hard, even years ahead, to bring about this year’s harvest of fruit. Please read and honor our U-pick fruit policies.
- Our farm is our family home and our private property, and our crops are our livelihood. You, our visitors, are our guests. We ask you, and all members of your group, to be gentle with the blueberries bushes and fruit trees, and to sample only a few fruit. Please wait until after payment to enjoy the rest; until you have paid for the fruit, it belongs to the farmers… even if you picked it. Since we sell our fruit by the pound, how else can we make a living and keep local agriculture alive? If you plan to feast in the field without payment, please go elsewhere.
- Appropriate U-Pick picking containers are available at the farm for a nominal cost. You may also bring your own, but be aware that some containers are awkward to weigh on our scale.
- Please leave pets at home.
- It pains us to write this, but it should be addressed: Do not climb trees, sit on your friend’s shoulders, yank at branches, throw fruit around, pick three fruit and discard two, etc.
- Children must be under effective supervision and control at all times. We expect adults to be faithful to keep children in good behavior, and to themselves model good behavior by not eating fruit (except for a small sample in order to confirm the quality) until after payment. See our ‘sampling policy’ below.
Orchard Ridge U-Pick Sampling Policy in a nutshell:
Please taste a few berries, or share an apple between you to confirm that it is good. Beyond that, please wait until after you have paid to enjoy the rest. All fruit is the private property of the farmer owners -including the fruit you pick- until you have fully paid. We are pleased to have you taste, but if you go beyond that, it is theft; theft hurting us economically and also drives up prices for everyone.
For U-Pick, we suggest that you come prepared for the outdoors as needed: hat, sunscreen, bug spray, jacket, close-toed shoes.
We are pleased to offer our customers the use of a nicely appointed bathroom at the farm, equipped with a baby changing station.